The Wellness Plans at South Hyland are designed to fill that gap by providing those routine services not covered by insurance. Our wellness plans include comprehensive health maintenance exams, all necessary vaccinations, intestinal fecal parasite tests, heartworm and tick-borne disease tests.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types of Payment Do You Accept?
- Payment is required when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients’ needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express, bank debit cards, checks and cash.
- When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. South Hyland Pet Hospital understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 3 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we’ll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at: www.CareCredit.com.
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
What Are Wellness Plans?
In human medicine, Medical Insurance provides all-around coverage. It can help to pay for emergency surgery, annual physicals and everything in between. In Veterinary medicine, Pet Insurance is used for catastrophic or traumatic injuries like emergency surgery, but does not provide coverage for wellness check-ups, vaccinations, routine laboratory testing and so forth. The Wellness Plans at South Hyland are designed to fill that gap by providing those routine services not covered by insurance.
Our wellness plans include comprehensive health maintenance exams, all necessary vaccinations, intestinal fecal parasite tests, heartworm and tick-borne disease tests. Additional medical exams, nail trims, anal gland expressions, complete blood counts, chemistry profiles, thyroid tests, urine analysis, blood pressure measurement and cytology evaluations are part of some plans. Member discounts on preventatives like Heartgard, Frontline, Revolution, Nexgard and Certifect are offered with some plans as well.
Upon enrollment, all of the services included in your pet’s Wellness Plan will be provided at your discretion for 12 months. Depending on the plan you choose, this may include examinations, vaccinations, lab testing, nail trims and more. A portion of the total is charged every month.
What Does AAHA Mean For Me and My Pet?
The AAHA designation exemplifies the “gold standard” of care for companion animals. It may surprise you to learn that only 12-15% of veterinary practices across the United States and Canada are accredited by AAHA, making this designation one to be proud of – and one to look for when selecting a veterinarian for your pet. South Hyland Pet Hospital is proud to be AAHA Accredited!
How Can a Fear Free Certified Hospital Benefit Me and My Pet?
Our entire veterinary team cares for the emotional and physical wellbeing of our patients. This means that we strive to ensure your pet is not fearful by removing anxiety triggers that may cause pets stress.